Conrad C. Heede e-mailCCHeede@aol.com D - 5790 Governor - 1991-92 Bus (817) 336-0321 D - 5790 Rotary Foundation Chairman - 1994-98 Fax (817) 282-2400 R.I.T.E Chairman - 1992-99 Res (817) 268-1612 Member of the Poverty & Hunger Alleviation Task Force
1. All R.I.T.E. candidates must:
· Be active teachers with the capability of teaching their language or other pre-approved subjects that address a need in the recipient country.
· Must demonstrate a strong interest in learning about other cultures and have a commitment and ability to further world understanding through academic endeavor and social & cultural exchange. Be an ambassador.
2. R.I.T.E. candidates should possess all of the following qualities:
· Be able to adapt to and adjust to new environments and different situations. Be understanding and flexible.
· Demonstrate motivation, self-reliance and the ability to share an enthusiasm for learning.
· Have some knowledge of the host country’s language and/or have an interest in learning the language as a way to more fully understand that culture.
· Have a clear understanding of the objectives of the R.I.T.E. program.
· Have clear, positive, substantial and well-stated personal objectives for participation in this program.
· Have the opportunity to use this experience to impact a significant number of students and other teachers.
· Have a basic understanding of what ROTARY is about and what ROTARY stands for.
· Have knowledge of the country and the city to which they are traveling and/or be willing to research this prior to departure.
· Be in general good health, with no ailments that could prevent the achievement of the stated program objectives. Have medical insurance effective in the host country.
· Be knowledgeable of the culture of one’s own country and be familiar with and be prepared to discuss current events that affect both countries.